Enjoy your ahi over a dark leafy bed of spinach with a creamy, sweet and tangy balsamic dressing.
- 4 cups baby spinach leaves
- 1 1/2 cups small potatoes
- 1/2 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup thainly sliced red onion
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced fennel
- 6 ounces sushi Grade ahi
- pinch salt
- pinch pepper
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
Creamy Balsamic Dressing
- 2 tabklespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon coconut or greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic
- ⅛ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp pepper
- Begin by roasting the potatoes, pre-heat the oven to 450 degrees and toss 1 1½ cups of small potatoes in a bowl with 1 teaspoon of dried parsley, ½ teaspoon garlic powder, ¼ tsp salt, ¼ tsp pepper, and 1 teaspoon of olive oil.
- Roast potatoes on a baking sheet in the oven for 30-35 minutes, until fork tender.
- Remove potatoes from oven and set aside to cool.
- Next, prepare the dressing by adding all of the dressing ingredients to a small blender or food processor and blend until smooth and emulsified (about 20-30 seconds), set aside. Heat a pan over medium-high heat and add in the olive oil, season the tuna with the salt and pepper and once the pan is hot, add to the pan and sear for 1 minute on each side, then another 10 seconds on the edges.
- Remove from the pan and slice the tuna into strips.
- Lastly, assemble the salad. To a large serving bowl add the spinach, and layer on the tomatoes, fennel, red onion, roasted potatoes (cut in halves), the sliced seared tuna, and drizzle with the dressing.
- Toss with the dressing and divide the salad between two plates.