Pan seared mahi mahi topped with a chili lime butter compound. A quick 15 minute fish recipe that is full of flavor and healthy!
- 4 tablespoons salted butter, room temperature (or ghee for paleo/Whole30)
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- zest from 2 limes
- 4 wild caught Mahi Mahi filets, thawed (any other wild caught fish will do!)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- salt and pepper
- In a small bowl, combine the butter, chili powder and lime zest. Stir to combine. Set aside.
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Season the fish filets with salt and pepper. Melt the coconut oil in the hot pan, then add the fish filets. Cook about 6 minutes per side, until golden brown and the fish is cooked through with an internal temperature of 145 degrees.
- Transfer the cooked fish to a plate and top with 1 tablespoon of the chili lime butter. Serve warm with wedges of lime.