If you've ever visited our farmers market stand, you've probably sampled this vibrant dish. Try it out yourself at home with your share this week!
- ½lb Sashimi Grade Striped Marlin
- 1cup Kosher Salt
- 2 cups Granulated Sugar
- 2 Oranges (Zest Removed, Juiced)
- 4 sprigs Thyme (Chopped)
- 1 tbsp Whole Black Pepper
- 2 Lemons (Zest Removed, Juiced)
- 1 Small Shallot
- 1 Small Garlic Clove
- 1 tsp Dijon Mustard
- ⅛ cup Canola oil
- 1 Red Beet
- 1 Golden Beet
- 2 oz Goat Cheese
- For the Cured Marlin: Combine salt, sugar, orange zest, black pepper and thyme. Mix well. In a container, completely cover marlin on all sides with cure mixture. Wrap and refrigerate for 12-18 hrs. Remove from cure and rinse.
- For the Citrus Vinaigrette: In a blender, combine orange juice, lemon juice, orange zest, lemon zest, shallot, garlic and Dijon mustard. Blend until smooth. While blending, slowly add canola oil to emulsify. Salt to taste.
- For the Beet Ceviche: Remove the skin of the beets. Slice into 1/16 inch pieces. Slice these again for julienne cut. Toss with ½ the vinaigrette. Season with salt and set aside.
- Method: Slice the cured marlin thin with a very sharp knife. Present on a plate with beet ceviche on top and garnish with goat cheese. Garnish plate with shaved celery or micro greens and citrus vinaigrette.