Try broiling your A'u tonight! It always turns out well and it's easy to do.
- 1/2 cup butter, divided
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 3 sweet medium size tomatoes, cut into bite-size pieces
- 8 to 10 large fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt and black pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds, 8 Hebi (A'u) steaks
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lime cut into quarters for garnish
- fresh basil tips for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350˚F. Place the butter and minced garlic in a small skillet over medium-low heat. When the butter is melted, stir in the cut tomatoes, basil, lime juice, salt and pepper. Just before the mixture comes to a boil, reduce the heat to low and simmer for about 10 minutes, or until the tomatoes begin to melt, then turn off the heat.
- Arrange the A'u steaks in a baking dish or in a large oven safe skillet that has the olive oil on the bottom. Bake the fish for about 5 minutes in the preheated oven. Turn fish, and continue baking 5 minutes more. Now pour the tomato mixture over the fish and return the baking dish to the oven for 3 minutes more. Remove the fish to serving plates. Spoon the tomato mixture over the fish to serve. Garnish with lime wedges and basil sprigs. Serve with brown rice and Parmesan roasted zucchini. Makes 4 servings.