Tuna Kebabs With Ginger-Chile Marinade
Tuna done differently and a spicy asian take on kebabs.
- 3 tablespoons unseasoned rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons finely grated peeled fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 2 tablespoons Asian sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 serrano chile, seeded, minced
- Freshly ground white pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds 1 1/4 -inch-thick ahi tuna, cut into 1- to 1 1/4 -inch cubes
- Nonstick vegetable oil spray
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch squares
- 1 large sweet onion (such as Maui or Vidalia), cut into 1-inch squares
- 6 (12-inch-long) metal skewers
- Additional chopped fresh cilantro
- Whisk first 8 ingredients in medium bowl to blend; season to taste with ground white pepper.
- Transfer 3 tablespoons marinade to small bowl and reserve.
- Add tuna to remaining marinade in medium bowl and toss to coat. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes and up to 45 minutes.
- Spray grill rack with nonstick spray. Prepare barbecue (medium-high heat).
- Alternate tuna cubes, bell pepper squares, and onion squares on each of 6 metal skewers.
- Grill to desired doneness, turning frequently, about 4 minutes total for medium-rare.
- Transfer to platter and drizzle reserved marinade over; sprinkle with chopped cilantro.
- Bon Appetit!