LOCAL IʻA SHAREHOLDER AGREEMENT
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING SECTIONS CAREFULLY. SIGNING UP FOR A MEMBERSHIP MEANS THAT YOU FULLY AGREE TO THESE TERMS
- All payments are accepted via a software program called Farmigo. You will receive an email confirmation of your sign up.
- There are 2 types of fish shares: A Kau Share is $25 each week and feeds 4-5 people once a week, or 2-3 people twice a week (between 1.5-2lbs of fish). The Ohana Share is $45 and feeds 8-9 people once a week or 4-5 people twice a week (between 3-4lbs of fish)
- Your shares DO NOT have to be consecutive. From your Farmigo account you can edit the dates you would like to pick up your shares, with flexibility extending even to once a month.
- You will be charged a one time membership fee of $15. You will also receive a Local Iʻa cooler with your first delivery. We encourage you to use this cooler with an ice pack every week to keep your shares at the proper temperature of at least 32 degrees F.
- All fish is all sourced from the waters around Oʻahu and caught in according to our Pono Fishing Standards.
- In times of island wide shortage, seafood is sourced from pono fishers on other islands and will be made clear before delivery.
- Fish are either filleted or whole, depending on the size of the fish
- Whole fish will be scaled and gutted unless otherwise stated. Filleted fish may contain bones
- We will provide you instructions on how to prepare whole fish
- Please understand that some of our fish comes from a wild fishery. Uncontrollable hazardous weather may prevent our fishermen from providing us with seafood. If this happens, you will be notified by email and will not be charged for that weeks share.
- As a member of Local Iʻa, you are responsible for picking up your weekly share of seafood from your chosen pickup location at the designated time frame. You will receive an email the day before reminding you of the time and place of your pickup.
If You CANNOT Pick Up Your Share for an Upcoming Delivery
- Contact us by email by the Saturday before the pick-up date you know you will not be able to use your share (e.g. a vacation). Please provide us with exact dates and be sure to tell us whose name the account is under. We will place your account on “hold,” and funds will not be deducted from your account balance for the weeks that you cannot pick up. All holds must be placed no later than 3 days prior to your pick up date.
- If you are unable to pick up your share and having someone else pick it up, please inform us and make sure they have your full name when they pick up your share.
- Local Iʻa reserves the right to keep any unclaimed shares remaining after the site’s pick-up deadline. If for whatever reason you miss your scheduled pick up, we cannot refund that share.
- If we are at fault for a missed share and/or delivery, you will not be charged for that weeks share.
Caring for your fish
- Your fish is handled, stored, and processed at the proper temperature from the moment it was caught until the time you pick it up.
- It is your responsibility to make sure your share is properly handled and stored at a temperature of below 32 degrees F. Local Iʻa is not responsible for what happens after you pick up your share.
- We recommend that you transfer your fish from the pickup point into a cooler or cooler bag with an ice pack. Extra coolers are available for purchase from our online store.
- Payments are received through a software program called Farmigo. You will create an account on Farmigo in which you are able to track and make payments and modify your subscription to Local Iʻa. When you sign up, you commit to buying 4, 12, 24, or 48 weeks of shares. As a member of Local Iʻa, you agree to pay your account in a timely manner and keep your membership account information up to date.
- Payment must be received by the Friday before the delivery date. Orders placed after Friday will be placed on hold until the following week.
SUSPENSION OF SERVICE
- Your weekly share of fish will not be delivered if you do not have funds in your Farmigo account to pay for that week’s share. If this happens, you will receive an email letting you know that your service has been suspended until payment is received.
CANCELLATION AND REFUNDS
- By becoming a member of Local Iʻa, you are committed to the entire length of time that you signed up for. You will not receive a refund for the share(s) you have purchased. If a circumstance arises that you are unable to fulfill your commitment, please contact us as firstname.lastname@example.org. Decisions regarding refunds will be made on an individual basis.
- Local Iʻa LLC is committed to protecting your privacy. Information collected by Local Iʻa LLC is used solely for the purpose of billing and shipping your shares as well as providing you information through emails.
Use of your Personal Information
- Local Iʻa LLC and its operational service partners collect and use your personal information to process product orders and deliver the products requested.
- We occasionally hire other companies to provide limited services on our behalf, such as handling the processing. We will only provide those companies the information they need to complete their service. They are required to maintain the confidentiality of your information and are prohibited from using that information for any other purpose.
- Local Iʻa LLC may access and/or disclose your personal information if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on Local Iʻa LLC or the site; (b) protect and defend the rights or property of Local Iʻa LLC, or (c) act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of Local Iʻa LLC or the public.
- You may also stop the delivery of future promotional e-mail from Local Iʻa LLC by responding directly to any email you receive with a request to remove you from the mailing list.
Security of your Personal Information
- Local Iʻa LLC is committed to protecting the security of your personal information. We use a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. When we transmit highly confidential information (such as a credit card number) over the Internet, we use a secure payment gateway so your information is protected.